THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Magleby's Creamy Syrup

Remember when we used to wake up bright and early for seminary devotionals & then go treat ourselves to Magleby's Fresh for breakfast? Looking back, I think my only motivation for waking up that early was not to feel the sweet spirit, but to scarff some Magleby's french toast with that sweet buttery syrup. Here's a creamy syrup recipe that tastes almost identical to the Magleby's version. Enjoy!

ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup buttermilk
1 T. vanilla
1 T. corn syrup
½ tsp. baking soda

Bring first five ingredients to a boil.
Add in baking soda.
Boil for 10 seconds then remove from heat immediately to avoid boil over.
Serve over French toast, pancakes, crepes or any other yummy breakfast item.

p.s. Speaking of Magleby's, Remember when we got our picture on the wall with the owner? lol I went back there last Feb for my dad's bday party & all of our eyes are poked out with pins! I just had to laugh. We must have some enemies out there jealous of our Magelby's fame..lol

2 comments:

allegra said...

YES YES YES!! Thanks barbs! I miss those days at Maglebys, and I miss that yummy syrup.. its dang good.

Tara said...

ahh, good memories. That's funny about our pic. I'm making this fo sho!