THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Oven Kalua Pork

I make this recipe all the time because it is so yummy, it is so quick - I am done before the oven even finished pre heating, I have all the ingredients on hand all the time (I only have to buy the roast) and because it makes a lot! Ross and I will eat it for dinner the first night with rice and steamed veggies. For the rest of the week we use it to make different dinners (i.e. I make the BBQ sauce found here, serve it on hamburger buns with a salad or corn on the cob if it is corn season one night. We will use it with beans, rice, guacamole and salsa the next night in burritos. I will use it with this sweet and sour sauce , add pineapple tidbits and chopped green peppers over rice another night). Pretty much anything goes. But then it only takes 15 minutes to make dinner the rest of the week - which is how I roll

1/2 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 small piece of fresh ginger root, crushed (or 1 tsp. ground ginger)
1 clove garlic, minced
5-6 pounds boneless pork roast
1 tsp. liquid wood smoke flavoring

In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, salt, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and garlic. Mix well. Lay 3 sheets of aluminum foil out, one on top of another. Place roast in center of aluminum foil; rub with soy sauce mixture and sprinkle with liquid smoke. Fold all 3 sheets of aluminum foil over top of roast and secure tightly. Place wrapped meat in a baking pan. Roast at 375 for 5 hours. Shred the pork before serving.

** Recipe from the Lion House Entertaining Cookbook**

Thanks for inviting me to join your blog :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

So I didn't notice until now that there is another recipe on here very similar to this one. Sorry about that. Guess that is what happens when you join the blog late and don't research beforehand ;) Sorry!

Chelsie said...

oh dear sister, welcome!! that sounds so good right now....our furnace isn't working...so maybe cooking something for 5 hours would help heat the house....bonus

Barb said...

yum! Thanks Meg! not only for the recipe, but for all the other great dish ideas too. I am excited to try this and use it for the entire week! Sounds like a meal I can fit in the budget(:

Katie and Rob said...

Does anyone know where to get the liquid wood smoke flavoring? I have looked everywhere.