THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Jessie's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've given this recipe to maybe 4 people in the 5 years since I put it together. Its healthy, its delicious, and its something worth trying. Hope you enjoy!


1 1/2 sticks salted butter
3 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 1/2 cups steel cut oats, barley, wheat, and rye flakes mixed together
1 cup chocolate chips, nuts, and/or or raisins (if you add raisins, add 1 tsp cinnamon)

Cream together the first set of ingredients, then add the dry ingredients slowly while mixing into creamed mix. Add chocolate chips, nuts, and/or raisins.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 1/2 to 9 minutes and let cool on baking sheet

THE DOUGH IS KILLER GOOD, TOO, SO DON'T FORGET TO MUNCH ON IT!

P.S. I have decided that I'd better start learning to use my crock pot. Any recipes out there for good crock pot meals?!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I just have to know if this is THE recipe??