THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies

If you have ever been to the bakery in American Fork called Dough Boys and Flour Girls, they have these delicious cookies. I searched for a recipe, and though they are not even close to the same, it is still worth trying it for a different cookie.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups butter, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (i used almond extract)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups confectioners' sugar. Beat in the vanilla and coconut extracts and salt. Add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.

Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork dipped in confectioners' sugar.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until a light golden brown. While cookies are still warm from the oven, dust with the remaining confectioners' sugar.

*I put mine in the fridge for a bit after cooking so the chocolate wasn't so gooey*

**This recipe makes a TON (96 cookies). I halved it and made my cookies extra big. I got about a dozen cookies out if**

recipe and photo from allrecipes.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so sad when Flour Girls/Dough Boys closed I was so sad! The shortbread cookies were my favorite-
I just made your recipe and it was pretty much spot on! Thanks so much!!